Frequently Asked Questions
What is Spend Matters PRO?
Spend Matters PRO delivers procurement and supply chain professionals an information advantage by providing original thought, insightful analyses, and unbiased opinion that doesn’t hedge, obfuscate, or pander.
What’s the difference between Spend Matters PRO and regular Spend Matters and Spend Matters UK/Europe?
Spend Matters PRO delivers a level of depth, insight and analysis that goes far beyond what is available in the public domain or from other research and analyst services. It also provides concrete recommendations and takeaways to help procurement professionals, consultants, and technology providers make both strategic and tactical decisions. It doesn’t just inform on the issues and available technology. Spend Matters PRO makes you smarter and able to act on them.
Why should I join?
- Independent and aligned viewpoint – Spend Matters and Spend Matters UK/Europe are the most independent sources in the procurement world. We are genuinely neutral and independent and aligned to your needs – on your side. There’s no worry about whether you’re being fed a particular “angle,” ever.
- Expert opinion we are not afraid to express opinions, which we do fearlessly and honestly (even if it upsets people). We have lost advertisers in the past because of this stance on our public sites. Whether you agree with us or not, you will get definite opinion – not just facts, or even worse, advertising material!
- A focused and prioritized view – the necessities, filtered out from the rubbish and “noise” of the modern connected world. Not just in terms of technology, but in the latest thinking and newest research. Spend Matters PRO helps you keep up without spending all your time reading papers, press releases, supplier literature, etc.
I’m a practitioner. What are my specific benefits?
As a short list:
- Keep up to date – Rapidly and clearly communicated news about tools and technology, economic and market developments. Keep ahead of competitors, and demonstrate your skills as a leading-edge practitioner in our field.
- Real insight – into technology, tools, etc, so you can choose the right systems, tools and providers.
- Go deep – Get the level of detail, nuance, and frequency you need to create a real-time view into the market.
I’m a solution provider. What are my specific benefits?
- Keep up to date – keep up with what the market and your competitors are doing, with the added bonus of the latest thinking and developments in the procurement world generally.
- Go deep – The majority of research by industry analyst firms is two-dimensional and fails to dig into the level of detail, nuance and frequency necessary to provide a real-time view into the market to help providers understand their competitive position and where to focus their product and solution investments to come up with what is next. We publish deeper, more frequent and more expert insight in the key areas we cover to inform grounded product and go-to-market decisions.
- Real insight – into technology, tools, etc, so you can understand where you fit into the competitive environment, and how you can stay ahead of the game. See yourself as a supplier and create the buzz needed to keep you in the “preferred” lists.
What will I get if I sign up for free Research Library membership?
The free Research Library is available to anybody (with registration). You’ll receive:
- Access to Spend Matters Compass publications
- Access to Spend Matters Perspectives
- Access to Papers and Briefs
What’s the “Spend Matters Almanac”?
There is no standard reference guide, curated by experts, to providers in our market – software firms, outsourcers, data providers, research firms, consultants and similar who target the procurement and supply chain world. The almanac will be a detailed directory, in downloadable .pdf form, (we don’t intend at the moment to go into major dead-tree production, but who knows for the future), covering all significant firms in those markets. It will be provided free to ALL Spend Matters readers, and we expect it to quickly become the standard global reference work for many thousands of practitioners who are seeking to understand and identify providers to support their activities.
I want to make sure you cover my company. What should I do?
The short answer is simple: get in our face. Tell us about your product, your services and the afterlife of the experience in working with you. If you sell a technology solution:
- Give us a detailed background briefing
- Spend 2-3 hours walking us through a detailed demonstration (or give us the keys to a demo site)
- Provide a minimum of 2-3 reference customers for each product area you’d like covered
Once you go through the introduction process, we cannot promise featured coverage (e.g., a multi-part research series), but we will include you in our shortlists and general write-ups of sectors provided your solutions impress us and your customers are at least satisfied.
After initial briefings, demonstrations, etc. please plan to keep us in the loop at least twice per year with periodic updates, briefings and demonstrations. We strongly encourage providers to visit us in Chicago and London as we like putting faces to names. To schedule a briefing with Jason Busch, contact Sheena Moore; or Peter Smith.
More questions? Contact Sheena Moore.